Fulfillment in life is related to how well you are living in alignment with what’s truly important to you. Do your decisions emerge from the essence of who you are—not from who you think you should be?
Take this quiz to see how well you are living a life that is of your own making.
1. I have spent time thinking about what’s important to me, and I can articulate those things. True or False?
2. While I have been influenced by my parents, teachers, society and other outside forces, I don’t live their values and beliefs, I live my own. My own values and beliefs come from deep inside me. True or False?
3. I am not easily swayed by others’ opinions. I know my own mind. True or False?
4. In order to remain open and flexible, I am willing to re-examine my opinions and beliefs to determine whether something is still true for me. I am interested in other points of view and perspectives. True or False?
5. My spouse/partner is a good match for me. We share in a way that pleases me and have an ideal amount of separate space. We don’t have to agree on everything. True or False?
6. I chose my occupation, or choose to remain in it, because it most closely utilizes my skills, strengths and passions. True or False?
7. I also choose my friends. I don’t go along with a friendship that doesn’t feel right just because that person pursued me. True or False?
8. Any spirituality I practice feeds my soul. True or False?
9. I have aspirations. I spend time thinking about them and taking action toward those that are most important to me. True or False?
10. Anyone looking at my life from the outside would see what I value. True or False?
11. When I or a family member is sick, I listen to the appropriate health care provider. If the advice doesn’t feel right, I get a second opinion. True or False?
12. On the rare occasion when I let someone break a boundary or persuade me to do something I don’t want to do, as soon as I’m aware of it, I take steps to stop and correct the situation. True or False?
If you answered false more often than true, you may wish to clarify what is truly important to you and then find ways to bring your life into greater alignment with those values. Please don’t hesitate to call if you’d like support in doing this!
Author’s content used under license, © 2011 Claire Communications
Terri O'Donnell is a certified Life Coach. She is an honest, straight shooter who is dedicated to using her training and experience to help people live the life they desire.